The Shared Learning Trust Football Academy of Sports Leadership
Luton Town FC is partnering with The Shared Learning Trust to provide opportunities for young footballers to participate in specialist education combining football and academic learning to achieve BTEC and CTEC Level 3 qualifications in Sports and Physical Training (equivalent to 3 A-Levels). This is a full-time educational programme for talented footballers hosted at The Chalk Hills and Stockwood Park Academies in Luton starting from September 2019.
What successful participants will get:
- Full time courses combining daily football training with BTEC & CTEC Level 3 education
- GCSE Programmes in Mathematics and English
- Competitive fixtures in Academy and College leagues
- Weekly fixtures representing Luton Town FC Youth Teams
- Weekly training sessions led by experienced Luton Town FC coaches
- OFSTED rated ‘Good’ post-16 education across both Academy sites with excellent examination results
- Free shuttle service between both Academy sites
Upon completion of the course, participants can be eligible for any of the following:
- Further University Study
- Apprenticeship Study in Sports and Coaching
- Full-time Employment in Sports and Football Coaching
- Professional Football Playing Pathways
Luton Town FC is dedicated to supporting the local community and developing the next generation of local football talent. We work closely with local youth clubs - such as Leighton United FC - to provide a smooth transition for players to progress their footballing careers by offering a range of opportunities to develop their sporting, academic and life skills.
Do you think you have what it takes to pursue your young adult football career in parallel with professional education? Come along to one of our trial dates to meet the team and find out more. Download the flyer (below) to learn more and find out where your local trials are taking place.